|Prep Time:||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time:||15 Minutes|
|Total Time:||25 Minutes|
- 1 pigeon, prepared and cooked as per ‘How to cook pigeon’
- 100g of mixed salad leaves, such as baby radicchio and red endive, washed and dried
- 30g walnuts, toasted
- 40g Stilton, we used Colston Basset, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of honey to taste
- 6 tablespoons of light olive oil (not extra virgin)
Prepare and cook the pigeon as per ‘How to cook pigeon’ guide. When rested, remove the breasts and slice each one into 4 pieces.
While the pigeon is resting, prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl.
When ready to serve, place the salad leaves in a bowl and add enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves. Add the walnuts, Stilton and pigeon slices, gently stir once to incorporate.
Divide the salad between two plates and drizzle over a little extra dressing. Serve immediately.